Saturday, September 4, 2010

Who is BH?


Well BH as I'm affectionately called is a graduate of University  who majored in Philosophy and did subjects from a smorgasbord of such things as Rastafari, Dancehall, Reggae, Politics, Anthropology, Language and Linguistics, Spanish etc. 


Like most graduates I thought the world was now my Oyster after all I had good grades got a degree Magna cum laude missing  Summa cum laude by 3 points. Alas recession hit and I would up Jobless for about 6 months which was also the time my daughter was born. Long story short I worked in customer service for about a year before leaving to find greener pastures since frankly that job sucked! While all this was going on I've been writing for Wikipedia for more than six years and for Comicvine for about a year+ where I've written over 150 reviews and to this date I'm still the number one rated reviewer there. I love to write and have a breadth of knowledge on superheroes that boggles the mind.


Being "unemployed" lead to some home farming on my side (Both vegetation and animal rearing) and landing a writing job (which I Love!). So there you have it folks BH in a nutshell (yay).





The Other BH :)
Well the other 1/2 of the BH combo is Angie aka Angel. Well Ive always been an avid comic book fan since I was a little lass. Black Superheroes in particular helped me through my stint in College where I Majored in Literature along with Language and Linguistics I've been working as a teacher for about  seven years and the illiteracy rate has climbed over the years luckily for me I've know an avid comicbook collector for years, BH; and he had this idea while he was in university. The concept was simple take the students who can't read or have reading problems and he would teach them. How? He would use his comics!! It worked wonders  and the students slowly learned the sounds and visual representation for the English Language. What I found even better was he had used the comics which included Black superheroes such as T'challa, War Machine and Icon. Black Heroes for me is a passion in that the visual manifestations of/or reflections of yourself can help you learn. In this case the students were black and identified with the heroes presented to them who were also Black. BH founder likes to keep a low profile so I'm the more pronounced and obvious of the duo. I compliment his vast knowledge with a much different perspective. Thanks to all those who follow us on Facebook and here's to those who will follow our Blog :)

~Angel.

1 comment:

  1. Is the title of this first entry a reference to the first story arc of Reggie Hudlin's run at the helm of The Black Panther?

    ReplyDelete